POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : Re: pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre . . . Fib Beads
From: yooper
Date: 24 Feb 2001 23:28:45
Message: <3a9889fd@news.povray.org>
Try display_gamma=2.2 or whatever to match YOUR monitor,
in your povray.ini, then use assumed_gamma 1 in your pov file.

***
   OK . . . I've read everything I can find on this and I understand
why these commands are used.  However, I cannot find the
dislplay_gamma setting anywhere and I have no clue as to what
I have to do to set it.  I don't know what I'm doing in these ini files
jand I've never used the command line so I'm not gonna muck around
in there and screw something up.
   Something has to be changed tho . . . if  I use assumed_gamma
of 1.0 . . . my rendered displays look horrible.
   How do I go about this ?  And understand . . . I don't have a
clue here . . . it's only easy if you know how and I don't  ;)
The Help files explain very well why . . . but assume (wrongly)
that I know how to do it.

TIA
**